The unique saxophone designed with for the younger and smaller player!
Design – The Alphasax is based around the original body tube of an alto saxophone with completely redesigned mechanism and tone hole positioning for the smaller individual who would previously have been told to “wait until they got bigger” before they could learn to play the sax.
The Alphasax Solution to a normal alto saxophone for the younger or smaller player
- Problematic keys with long finger stretch have been removed or redesigned for extra comfort.
- The weight has been reduced by an amazing 33%.
Key and Mechanism – The Alphasax in the key of Eb, with a full two octave chromatic facility using established finger positioning to enable the smaller player to learn the alto saxophone using current study books. New and innovative mechanism has enabled us to maintain the finger positioning of a normal saxophone.
Key and Mechanism Detail
- The left hand palm keys for top D#, E and F have been removed.
- The top D key has been adjusted to fit small hands.
- The low B & Bb keys have been removed.
- Redesigned G# and low C# keys are now easier to reach.
- The right hand side F# keys and side C key have been removed.
- Redesigned low D# and C keys are now easier to reach.
- The Alphasax retains a fully chromatic range from low C to high D.
- Bb bis and side Bb keys are retained.
Weight – At only 1.86kg in weight the revolutionary Alphasax saxophone is 33% lighter than the traditional alto saxophone.
Case – A lightweight (1.48kg) moulded case with backpack straps is included along with a BG harness strap, mouthpiece, cap and single screw ligature. A Vandoren reed completes the package.
The Alphasax is therefore an incredible 3.34kg in its carry case (compared to the usual 4.9kg + of the standard alto saxophone). A stunning 44% lighter!
The Alphasax was granted a Certificate of Design Registration from the European Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (Trade Marks and Designs) – October 2008